In addition, Form 630 is presented, which contains Annual Tax Decision regarding the determination of the social health insurance contribution.
Monitorul Oficial al Romaniei No 490 / 2 August 2013 has published Government Ordinance No 16 / 30 July 2013 which amends and supplements Law No 571 / 2003, regarding the Tax Code, and regulates tax- and budget-related measures.
Some of the major amendments to the Tax Code, as provided by this Ordinance, refer to the following:
Title I – General Provisions
- Clarification on the right of taxpayers having been declared inactive or having their VAT number annulled to deduct the VAT related to acquisitions of goods and/or services made in the period in which such persons have not had a valid VAT number but have performed operations generating the right of deduction;
- New exception regarding acquisitions for which the deduction of related expenses and VAT is allowed in the case of beneficiaries acquiring goods and/or services from taxpayers having been declared inactive or having their VAT number annulled and benefiting from no right to deduct the expenses and the VAT related to such acquisitions.
Title II – Profit Tax, Title V – Tax on the Income Obtained from Romania by Nonresident Entities and Tax on Foreign Entities’ Representative Offices in Romania
- Introduction of further amendments following the admission of Croatia to the European Union starting 1 July 2013
Title VI – Value Added Tax
- Lower VAT rate, i.e. 9%, applied to deliveries of bread and some bakery products, as well as to certain types of flour, wheat and rye, in effect as of 1 September 2013;
- New provisions regarding the annulment of registration for VAT purposes of companies, and their possibility to request their reregistration for VAT purposes;
- Amendment of the provisions concerning the reregistration of taxable persons for VAT purposes;
- Clarification on the VAT registration annulment date referred to in the decision thereon and the date on which the annulment of registration becomes effective for the supplier / provider / beneficiary;
- New provisions regarding registration / annulment of registration for VAT purposes as a result of errors;
- New provisions regarding electronic invoice storage;
New operations, such as electricity supplies and green certificates trading, to which simplified
measures are applied – in effect as of 1 September 2013;
- The provisions referring to simplified measures in the case of supply of cereals, technical plants and electricity, and of green certificates trading shall be in force until 31 December 2018.